Sunday, December 14, 2008

Christmas time!!!

Bill and I got our Christmas tree yesterday.  It was awesome! We went to Apple Hill, about 45 minutes from here in the foothills of the Sierras.  I was able to get some apple cider and we chowed down on an apple fritter... so good.  

We then went to the Christmas Tree farm to get our tree and, as soon as we got there, it started snowing.  Just a few snow flakes at first, and then, by time we found the perfect tree, it was crashing down!  

It was awesome, though cold.  Stupid me, I wasn't even thinking of how cold it would be in the hills - usually I am super prepared but I didn't even bring a glove yesterday!  Good thing we didn't stay too long!  

The tree is awesome, even though it cost us $60!  However, it was worth the trip and the fact that we didn't "kill" a tree, they cut the tree high so another tree grows on the same stump.  Essentially we cut off a branch of the tree.  We were a little more ecological!  

Last year we bought a live tree (tree was still in the planter so it was alive) - I wanted to do this to save a tree.  However, since I do not really have a green thumb, the tree died in our house anyway.  So, we'll just cut down our trees from now on.

2 comments:

Kari said...

very cute. Wow, you guys are so married. Would you just please have a party so we can wear pretty dresses and act stupid without kids for a couple nights.

I love Apple Hill, and the Tree Farm. That's where we would go every year as a family. I miss that place. Looks like fun.

Unknown said...

Love the tree! You guys look so cute! I agree with Kari. Fun night in pretty dresses! Girl, I didn't know you were getting your masters. You rock. I admire you. Some day I will be smart like you.