Friday, June 3, 2011

CAKE PLATES

I love these things - so cute, so rustic, so pretty and fun! And easy! And cheap! What's not to love about them?? We are going to be doing cupcakes (not my first choice, which was pies. However, pies were complicated, expensive and, well, too awesome. Cupcakes are good, easy and the lady we are going through rocks. Her cupcakes are amazing. So, what can you do???). This is what one of them looks like:

You take a candlestick holder and glue an antique/thrift store plate to it. Easy!! And fun. I didn't think of it, I think I saw it on some random DIY wedding website... Oh, here is what I just found that could have been the source:


This site give an amazing step-by-step
. I started to glue them down but want to wait to see if the glue really works. I picked a cheaper one and may need to go heavy-duty on these. This is how they look ready to be glued:

and all together...


The post-its are to determine how many cupcakes will fit on a plate. So nice, huh? And look at this. The AMAZING website, BHLDN.com, which is Anthropologie for weddings, sells plates similar to these. Check it out:


And they go for $70 to $90 dollars... each! I like their twist which is colored, antique glasses. However, a candlestick holder and plate from Goodwill? Cheap and just as nice. Don't get me wrong, I love BHLDN.com and if you haven't seen it, check it out and droll a little. But just a small trip (or two) to your local thrift store can save you tons of money.

1 comment:

Kari said...

unbelievable! You are seriously AWESOME!!!!