Thursday, June 2, 2011

Day 24...

10 more minutes left in day 24... Wow, what a day! Let's see, what happened. Oh, yes...

8:00 - Wedding License

Wow, I never really thought of marriage being so "official". Bill and I had to fill out an online application, make an appointment, sign a document, raise our right hand and sware to an oath, and then pay $70 for the license. The whole time I was thinking, "this is crazy! so formal and bureaucratic!" But then I really thought about it. Hmmm... Marriage between two people is a sacred bond, whether one is religious or not. However, it is also a political bond. Think of centuries ago when marriage was not just from love but from a joining of two families and the growth of those joined resources. I even think of my grandmother's parents who were not only husband and wife, but uncle and niece! A union to keep their valued property in the family! (Oops, now you know my interbreeding family past. :/ ) And then the issues of citizenship and being able to be a part of a country solely through marriage. I wonder how many times someone has applied for a license just to jump through that citizenship loop-hole. Goodness, and I shouldn't need to get into the issues of marriage equality. Not too long ago a large number of states refused marriage licenses for interracial unions. Oh, and do not get me started on Gay marriage. We all deserve the right to marry who we love... Ok, I'll stop on that thought. So, now that I think about it, I am really lucky that I can go to the County office of records and sign that paper, give that oath and pay that money. I am lucky cause I get to do it to the man I love and for the only reason of love. No one is forcing me, no one is telling me no, and we both really want this. I am quite lucky to be a part of this bureaucratic craziness after all...

10:00 - a dear friend's mother's funeral

Last week, a dear friend of mine lost her mother out of nowhere. It really makes you think and treasure all that is near and dear. You never know when someone will just leave this earth... You never know, so treasure every moment.

2:00 - eye brow waxing!

For the first time! I just made a good amount of appointments to "beautify" myself. You should have seen me at the Origins store yesterday. I think I am ready and have a nice plan to get myself all pretty and perfect for the big day. I talk more about this later...

4:00 - finally did my Tracy Anderson video for the day

Oh, and Tracy A deserves her own blog post as well. I love her, but I am also getting really sick of her. After Bill, Tracy is the most consistent person in my life. I see her everyday. Every stinking day... Much on her later.

6:00 - finally got my butt out the door to do cardio

I walked. Couldn't get myself to run. Hey, it was 40 minutes! My goal for these 25 days is to exercise EVERYDAY. And to do a portion of the Tracy A video everyday (the arms. I want ballerina arms.)

9:00 - finally started some real wedding tasks that were on the list

This was good and productive. I started and almost finished a big task... CAKE PLATES! So cute and perfect! And cheap! I'll give a tutorial on the cake plates on the next post. :)

11:00 - ordered fun stuff (he he) online

Victoria Secret. That's all I'll say. Was able to use a few gift cards, he he... Also bought Bill's swimming trunks cause we need suits to GO TO HAWAII! I keep forgetting that we have a Honeymoon after the big day. That will be SO nice - a break from the planning, dieting, working out, stressing... Cannot wait.

Oops, it's 12:30am. We are now on day 23! But, I'll leave day 23 till tomorrow. This post is technically day 24. Ok? Ok.

Nighty night.

1 comment:

Caskie said...

Bathing suits for sleeping, not swimming... right?