Thursday, June 9, 2011

Day 19/18...

Ok, ok; I know, I know.  I needed some time off, ok?  This is what I did...

Yesterday, Day 19:

Girls day!  Yesterday I worked out like a champ, took care of some gifts for the family and then got to hang out with some awesome girls.  There's nothing like taking some time with friends to eat pizza, drink beer and watch THE MOVIE Bridesmaids.



Awesome!  The movie was great and very appropriate for the theme of this blog.  I can relate to the movie, well, somewhat.  Maybe not all the hype and over-ambitious bridesmaids, but definitely the fun and the prep for that day.  A little less drama, crass humor and crazy awesome surprises (Wilson Phillips?  Probably a no-show)...  But a good laugh, never-the-less.



Oh!  I did do something productive!  Make-up trial!  We went to Macy's afterward and was able to get some make-up trial in.  It went well, as any make-up trial will go.  I really just hate getting my make-up done because it is always too much and too-not-me.  Here, what do you think?



I like the color, just not the intensity.  I really thought Bill wouldn't notice.  He did.  Then he explained that he didn't really like it.  I then took one eye "off" and asked him which eye was better - he picked the one without make-up.  Figures.  We'll see what I end up doing.  I am not getting a professional to do my make-up, so the trial is really a trial and lesson on how I will apply (or Kari, since I asked her so long ago to do my make-up.  Kari, you still in?)

Today, Day 18:

Today was a day off, again.  I am letting the house fall away during all this wedding madness, so I had to pay some attention to it.  I also needed to just take some time away from the wedding madness for me.  So, I just took the day off.  No exercise and no major project...  

That is kinda a lie.

I did get my hair done.  According to some research, your hair looks the best 2 weeks after a hair cut.  So, I booked my haircut for today (even though it is 2 weeks and then some).  It turned out nice and will look great for the big day.  Hair, done.

Plus, I kind-of figured out my seating card holders tonight.  I will not show the final design, but I will show you where the inspiration came from:


Super cute, huh?  And from the one and only, Martha Stewart.  Well, I am sure it did not come directly from her, but from someone she pays to make up really cute stuff.  Close enough.  Thank you Martha Stewart, you are amazing.  I really believe so, and I hope you agree.  If not, just check out her website and that will be enough.  She is brilliant - decoration, organizing, her recipes (I probably cook one once a week)...  I love her. 

Anyway, I started getting those ready.  That'll take awhile.  I'll give the step-by-step later.  They are really easy once you get the hang of it.  You'll see.

Ahh!  So much to do!

1 comment:

Kari said...

Yes. At first I was reading going.... "wait, *sob sob* I was supposed to do your makeup." But then I kept reading, and I smiled again. We wont do too much. I don't like a lot either.. especially on brides.

Oh - and I love Martha Stewart. Always have!