Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Day 11...

11.  Tuesday is 11 days to go...  Do you want another number?  How about 184.  Yes, that is a lot.  Of what, you ask?  Well, here you go:





Yes, those are our vases and mason jars that are to be used at the wedding.  We have had them in the garage, piling up as we got more and more (thanks Melinda, Sanchez, mom!).  Tonight I had the great fortune to take them all out, count them and sorta clean them (sorta = dishwasher.  Hey, I have to wait for them to clean!  That requires effort!).  184 mason jars.  Wow.  Then, I took the number of each size and divided them by the number of tables.  That was a great math equation.  "If I have 10 tables, 1 gift table, 1 name placement table, 1 guest book table; and I have 43 jars, how many goes on each table?"  I got it figured out, and now I am ready.

Well, sort of.  I have to pack them all up.  So far I have about 8 carefully packed boxes of mason jars.  By tomorrow, they are out of here and I will not see them until they are nicely positioned on that reception table.  Wow, all this effort for a few hours of one day.  Oh well, it's my wedding.  It'll be worth it!

What else did I do today?  Hummm....
  • Figured out a transportation issue.  All I have to say is limo is out, school bus is in.  Oh yeah.
  • Got a weird tan.  When one problem gets figured out, a new one enters.  Perfect.  Guess I'll have to figure that one out in a few days.  I know, it sounds weird.  A weird tan?  But I did.  I tan so easy, I had the wrong swimsuit on, and not there is a line across my chest that is, well, weird.  Ugh.
  • Worked on the veil with my mom.  We have been having fun working on it.  We both decided that a veil is so easy!  And do you know how much they cost?  $200!  At least!  So we spent about $50 on a homemade one.  Sure, there is some loving care and man hours, but it is worth it.  And my mom is doing an AMAZING job making it special and pretty.  I love it!  Here she is, hard at work:
  •  I worked out.  The moon was full today!  Look at that moon on the run.  It was amazing. 
    And hot.  Sac-town got to the 90s today!  Bring on that hot weather, I have been dying for some heat! 
  • And now, this.  It's 1am.  I need to go to bed.  Another eventful day tomorrow!

No comments: