Friday, June 17, 2011

Day... 9 and 10!

Holy goodness.  I cannot believe it is almost here.  I am running out a time, getting a little overwhelmed at the moment.  Oh well.  I have a list in my head of all the things to get done.  Bill and I have a list that is also written down.  It's funny because I start doing something and then he says "wait, you just start doing stuff that's not on the list.  I feel like you are just making up more work for you to do."  Ha ha...  There are just too many little things to do.  However, I just go through each thing and figure out "what needs to get done so that is done?"  And then do it.  For example...

Yesterday, DAY 9!

I completed the Guest Book Table set up.  It looks awesome and all bundled up in a box.  Thing on the list for that still, pens!  Need to buy pens today.









I finished the veil and it looks really pretty.  My mom did most of the work, of course.  But I added the little detail on the clip.  



Those fabric roses are pretty easy to do once you get the hang of it.  You get ribbon and then you wrap the ribbon in a circle.  However, as you wrap, you twist the ribbon.  Here is a YouTube video of what I am talking about:


I watched this about a million times until I got the hang of it...

I got my make-up!  I ran by the mall and decided to go to the Mac counter and get some make-up for the big day.  30 minutes later, my face was done and I spent...  some money...  (crying inside a little)... and now I am ready!  And I will have make-up to last for a century.  Make-up:  DONE!

Fixed my tan.  It was hideous.  Out of all times to get a bad tan, the week before my wedding.  You can still tell A LITTLE that there is an out-of-place line on my chest.  Oh well. 

I bought books for the rings.  I was going to do pillows, but something just turns me off about pillows.  I don't know, it just doesn't go with this rustic theme we are going with.  SO, books!  What do you think of that?  We will tie ribbon to it and then put the rings on them.  Cool, huh?  And simple.  What was hard, though, was finding the perfect book.  I wasn't going to use just any book (I saw the Communist Manifesto, the Bible, books on how to cure your relationship...), I wanted books that spoke "us".  And I also wanted them in our colors.  It was hard at first, but then all these books just came together!  Look how it looks:


 
These are the ugly book covers.  Sorry, they were ugly.  What can I say?

There is book on Frank Ghery (Bill and my favorite architect), a book on Music Appreciation, Don't Sweat the Small Stuff in Love, a book on wedding etiquette and the history of it (hello!  awesome!), a and a book on gardening.  Perfect for us.  Now, we choose 2 books for the rings, one book to paste the ceremony script in, and 2 books to paste our vows in.  Then, during the ceremony, we will read from those books.  CUTE, HUH????  On with the list of things to do:  Finish books.  Tie ribbon to them. 

I was able to hire some free labor to clean my house...  Just kidding.  My mom and dad came over and helped clean my house so it is ready when we leave.  They were champs!  My house is beautiful and it was done in no-time.  It really does help having tons of people help clean a house at once!  Sure beats doing it by myself.

Wednesday, DAY 10!

I finished Kimi's dress.  I added a yellow flower to it to make it "blend" with the rest of the wedding party.  We all have two toned colors in the wedding party, so she will too!  Kimi's Dress:  DONE!


I put all of the mason jars away.  Whew!  Mason Jars:  DONE!

I finished the Guest Book pages by copying them at Kinkos and putting photo corners on them so our guests can attach Polaroid pictures of themselves on it.  Love it!

I cleaned...  Ugh.

I worked on the Name Tags some more. 

Too much to do!!

1 comment:

happytrails said...

I love the idea of books instead of pillows (being a librarian and all). I just realized you may not know who Happy Trails is...it's me, your local school librarian. I'm hoping you'll be posting pictures of how this event turned out on your blog. I'm very curious to see how it all comes together. I can't imagine it being anything but beautiful.